OneStop FAQs

Where is the One Stop located and how do I contact them?

The Indian Hills OneStop is located right inside of the doors of the Bennett Student Services Center.  The OneStop is open Monday-Thursday, from 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.  You can connect via phone at 641-683-5262 or fax at 641-683-5741.  The staff are also available via email at [email protected]


What information should I have when I connect with OneStop?

Please have your student ID number ready for easy access to your account during phone conversations and in person interactions. 


What is my IHCC Student ID?

You can view your IHCC Student ID number by logging into WIN and navigating to your dashboard. Next, hover over Academic Planning and choose Unofficial Transcript. Your Student ID will be listed.

Your student ID is also sent in your acceptance email and acceptance letter.

If you are unable to login to your portals and cannot locate your acceptance letter, please contact the One Stop at 641-683-5262 M-TH to retrieve your Student ID.


How do I login to my portals for the first time?

If you have not logged into your IHCC Student Portals yet, please refer to the Orientation homepage.


What types of services does the One-Stop provide?

The OneStop is ready and able to assist students with questions or issues concerning Admissions, Billing, Registrar processes and Financial Aid.

In addition, we can work to provide answers and find solutions to issues concerning:

  • Application for Admission and the Orientation Process
  • Financial Aid Application, financial aid verification, award review/acceptance and work study (how to find a job) processing
  • Payment plans, bill pay and student account suite navigation
  • Refund processing and e-refund account set-up
  • Release of information, transcript request process and graduation applications
  • IHCC account access including WIN, Student Email and MyHills
  • Assisting with issues or concerns related to campus policies and procedures, including referral to the Executive Dean of Student Services.
  • Assisting with department or staff connection in regard to an issue, concern or question

I am new, how do I register?

First, welcome to Indian Hills!  If you have not already completed an application for admission, this is the initial step in the process. Feel free to checkout our Life Changing Checklist which will guide you with step-by-step directions for the initial admissions process. 

Life. Changing. Checklist

The application for admission can be done quickly and is located online at the link below.

Apply Now

If you have already been accepted into an academic program, your next step is to complete orientation. 

New Student Orientation

Once you complete the orientation, you will be able to register for courses online. 


How do I know what classes to take?

The academic advisors are available during regular college business hours at the Bennet Student Services Center and can work to help you plan your academic path.  Advisors are also available via email at [email protected].  You can view your degree audit in WIN, under the Academic Planning menu on your dashboard. OneStop advisors are available via phone, in person or email to walk you through academic planning.

Where can I see what classes are available for the term?

Paper copies of the Arts and Science course offerings are available at the OneStop in the Bennet Student Services Center.  You can also access the listing online by going to:

Once on the Registration page click on “Search for Courses” on the right-hand side of the page under “Registration”

What is New Student Orientation?

The new student orientation is a two-step process admitted students must complete in order to enroll. Orientation requirements vary by program. Here is a link to the admissions page where you can review the directions on how to complete orientation:

I didn’t get the orientation email.

If you have not received the orientation email please contact OneStop for further direction on your next step. The OneStop is open Monday-Thursday, from 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. You can connect via phone at 641-683-5262 or fax at 641-683-5741. The staff is also available via email at [email protected]

How do I start the financial aid process or I am interested in grants/loans?

Starting the financial aid process is fully accessible online. You can complete the application by going to If you would like assistance in completing the application the Educational Opportunity Center is available by appointment to assist. They can be reached at 641-683-5315 or [email protected].

How do I get Work Study job?

To get awarded Federal Work Study funds, students must complete the FAFSA application at On the application, they will need to answer “yes” when the application asks “interested in work study?” Once you have answered yes, you will be automatically evaluated for Work Study eligibility.  If you are interested but did not get awarded Work Study you can connect with a Financial Aid Advisor at OneStop. If you have further questions about eligibility you can visit our Work Study page on the IHCC website:

What is financial aid verification?

A portion of our students are selected for verification in connection to their financial aid. This means the financial aid department is needing additional information to complete the award processes. You can view your Financial Aid Checklist through your Account Management menu on your WIN Dashboard to determine if you have been selected for verification. A list of verification documents is also located on the financial aid webpage. Here is the link:

How long does it take to get my financial aid award?

It depends on a student’s verification status and how quickly documents are turned in. If a student is chosen for verification, once all requested documents are turned in, it can take up to 4-6 weeks for processing.

How do I review/accept my financial aid award?

The financial aid department will provide a letter mailed to your address on file with your initial award. You can also review your award letter as well as accept any anticipated aid in WIN under the Account Management menu on your Dashboard. Here is a short tutorial that will guide you on how to accept your aid:

How do I accept my Financial Aid?

Work Study was part of my award letter. What do I have to do to find a job?

Work Student employment opportunities are available on the IHCC website and can be found by going to the following link: 

This page will provide you a variety of information regarding the application process as well as answer some frequently asked questions.  For more information on the full process, you can follow the FWS (Federal Work Study) Program Checklist at the link below: 

Once you have found a Work Study position you will need to connect with the individual hiring (contact information is listed along with the open positions). From there, bring in your signed Work Student application along with two forms of identification for completion of the employment paperwork. The Work Study checklist provides a link to a list of acceptable forms of identification within the Federal I-9 form.

How will I know how much my bill is?  Will I receive an invoice?

IHCC invoices are electronic and accessible online. Email notifications are sent to students with updates on their balance. You can view your bill online through WIN on the Account Management menu on your Dashboard. Need help accessing your bill, find directions here:

How do I find my bill?

When is my bill due?

Students agree to the terms and condition of their bill upon registering for classes. The due date for each term is provided in the terms and conditions when registering. Paper statements will not be sent out to students, instead students can view their bill due dates on the school calendar:

Indian Hills Calendar

Can anyone other than me view my bill?  How can my parent see my bill?

Students can set up an authorized user through the Payment & Refund portal in WIN. This allows a person outside of the student to view the student bill and make payments on the account.  “In compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), your student financial records may not be shared with a third party without your written consent.  Adding an authorized user is your written consent that an individual may view your account information and make payments on your behalf.  Please note that authorized users DO NOT have access to your stored payment methods, academic records, or other personal information.” Learn how to set-up an authorized user here:

Setting up an Authorized User Tutorial


Payment Plans

Students can set up payment plans for an active term through WIN by going to the Payment & Refund Portal under the Account Management menu on their Dashboard. For directions on how to set up a payment plan please see our tutorial:

Setting up a Payment Plan Tutorial


How do I pay my bill?

Payments can be made in person at the OneStop in the Bennet Student Services Center on the Ottumwa campus.  Students can also make online payments with a credit card debit card or a checking/savings account through WIN by going to the Payment & Refund Portal under the Account Management menu on their Dashboard.  For directions on how to make a payment online please check out our tutorial:

Making a Payment Tutorial


If you prefer to mail payment please include the student ID and/or student name on the check and mail it to:

Attn: Business Office

525 Grandview Avenue Ottumwa, Iowa 52501


Where’s my refund?

You can view your statement and see if your refund is anticipated or if it has been produced by logging into WIN and clicking Account Statement under the Account Management Menu on your Dashboard. Here is a tutorial on how to navigate the Student Account Suite where you will set up an e-refund account:

Student Account Suite Tutorial 

If you have further questions feel free to call OneStop at 641-683-5262 or email us at [email protected].


I have a hold on my account and cannot register or access my transcript.  Why and how can I remove it?

The most common hold placed on a student’s account is a Business Office hold.  These are placed on accounts if the student has an owed or past due balance. Once the hold is on the account a student is not able to register for course or access their unofficial or official transcript until the hold is cleared.  Once you have cleared your balance owed, OneStop can request the hold be removed by the Business Office.  If you are unsure of the type of hold on your account or how to further deal with it you can connect with OneStop at 641-683-5262 or [email protected].

I want my parent to be able to discuss my account with staff at the college.

In compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) a student needs to provide written consent that allows a third party (parent, guardian, employer, etc.) to discuss their account information with an IHCC staff person. These can be completed by the student at OneStop in the Bennet Student Services building.

How do I get a transcript?

The transcript request process is completely online through the National Student Clearinghouse. Request your transcript by clicking the button below:

Request a Transcript

Do I need to do anything for graduation?

Yes!  We always suggest that you connect with an academic advisor 1-2 terms prior to graduation to confirm you have completed all graduation requirements.  They are available in person in the Bennet Student Services Center during regular business hours.  Feel free to connect with OneStop to set up an appointment with an advisor.  You can also connect with an advisor via email at [email protected] 

 Your next step is to complete the graduation application.  To get to the application log into your Ellucian account.  From the student menu, click on Ottumwa or Centerville Graduation Application and follow the directions.

I tried to log into my student account, but I can’t.  What do I do?

Your login username and password are all the same for your MyHills, Ellucian and Student Webmail accounts.  To reset your password, go to the Ellucian login page and on the left hand side of the page click on “Log In Help.”  If you are still having trouble you can contact OneStop at 641-683-5262 or the IT Helpdesk at 641-683-5333.

Have questions about dates?

  •             When can I register?
  •             When is my bill due?
  •             When is the drop/add date for the term?
  •             When is the last day to withdraw?
  •             When are refunds processed?

Check out our IHCC calendar.